27 Sep, 2022
Important And Interesting Things That You Should Know About Cloud Gaming
If you are a game enthusiast, you most likely came across different situations when you were unable to play your favourite games. The reasons could be: whether you don’t have a high-end gaming PC along with top-of-the-line peripherals, a gaming console, or don’t have money to upgrade the hardware. Facing any of these problems and finding out the best solution? If you nodded yes, then “Cloud Gaming” is an innovative technology that you can rely upon.
What Is Cloud Gaming?
It's a unique approach that allows you to play avid games anytime & anywhere directly from the cloud on any device you already own or love. Let’s understand it more clearly!! The idea behind “Cloud Gaming Services” is to access high-quality immersive games on low, medium, or even aging laptops or desktops flawlessly.
How Does It Work?
Cloud gaming works by first signing up for a subscription service with a library of the newest games you can play without downloading and having a gaming PC or a console.
Steps to avail of cloud gaming services:
- First and foremost, you will get a launcher that will be used every time you need to access your cloud computer, with an active subscription plan.
- Next, you need to launch the launcher on your device and ‘Sign In’ with the User Id & Password in order to access the cloud PC.
- Once you sign in, you can enjoy a wide range of powerful games anytime from anywhere on any device you own, without downloading & spending money on costly gaming PC or hardware upgrades.
What Are Major Cloud Gaming Technologies?
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) - It’s one of the most pivotal technologies for cloud gaming service providers. Indeed, it’s essentially the backbone of the cloud that allows providers to scale their platforms for the latest applications as well as expand existing ones to larger audiences.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) - In cloud gaming, digital content needs to be delivered to gamers or users. And, this can be possible with the help of CDN or Content Delivery Network. It helps route the delivery of digital content from the origin server to a particular one that is closer to the end-user. It allows for efficient & reliable content delivery which is essential as real-time feedback is necessary for cloud gaming.
- Load Balancing Software: This is also an important technology associated with cloud gaming that helps distribute resources in order to handle large amounts of traffic. It plays an important role in cloud gaming since fluctuating volumes of traffic are not uncommon.
Is Cloud Gaming The Real Future Of Gaming?
At present, ‘Cloud Gaming’ is growing swiftly and is expected to reach out to vast audiences in the coming five years. It provides a wide range of significant benefits with yearly, monthly, or even hourly subscription plans, and this is why it is becoming more and more popular among game enthusiasts throughout India. This includes Security, Cross-Platform Compatibility, Stops Piracy, Reduced Costs, No Device Limitation, Variety of Games, etc. The best part here is that you need not spend your hard-earned money for purchasing a high-end gaming PC, a gaming console, or expensive hardware.
Stats that reveals the growth of the cloud gaming market:
- As for single titles, “Grand Auto Theft V (GTA V) has been the most profitable video game since its launch in 2013. More precisely, until 2018, with 90 million units sold, it earned $6 billion. Moreover, $1 billion was earned in 2020 alone”.
- Stats on video games show that “the Esports audience grew to 45.8 million in 2019, representing a 15% year-on-year growth”.
- As per the study from ‘SuperData’, “8 out of 10 gamers are aware of cloud gaming today, only 26 per cent of them actually use or plan on using cloud gaming”.
- According to recent research, “The estimated gaming revenue for mobile in 2021 is $93.2 billion, which is a 7.3% increase from 2020, and represents a huge leap”.
- According to forecasts, “the gaming industry revenue will reach $175.8 billion by the end of 2021”.
- As per the latest report by IMARC Group, “The global cloud gaming market reached a value of US$ 865.8 Million in 2021. Indeed, they expect the market to reach US$ 9,439.9 Million by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 48.3% during 2022-2027”.
Finally, it can be said that “Cloud Gaming” is flourishing, and becoming more & more demanding with each passing day. It takes your games from the server and runs them on a high-end cloud PC inside a secure data centre. This unique approach lets you play the newest powerful games anytime from anywhere on any device you own with a strong internet connection. Using the technology, you need not spend a lot of money either to buy a gaming PC & console or upgrade your hardware!